Want to listen to this instead? Read or listen below…
My energy work teacher, Prune Harris, shares a saying with her followers that her dad used to say, which is: “you are as welcome in the world as the flowers.”
I believe it is from a song is where he got it, but I just love this line and I come back to it often, and it came up for me today as I was working something out with myself in my journal this morning after a dream woke me up in the night with CRYSTAL CLARITY about something that I hadn’t fully seen before.
I’ve always had a bit of a loner identity going on, and I think that’s semi-common for artists and creative types (no matter what your craft or medium is), and I am DEFINITELY an introvert (as most of you all well know by now lol 😂), I absolutely cherish my alone time for self-reflection, introspection and creativity…
but that LONER thing, that’s different than introversion.
And I knew that was a major block to this next level of success with my work I am stepping into. Not because I need to be out and about and doing all the things – cause that’s not my life! 😂 That’s not MY version of my most beautiful and creatively flourishing life (in all the ways)…
But because that loner identity was taken on with all the tropes that come with it: the loner is the misunderstood, overlooked, unappreciated, unseen and unheard one who nobody gets, and thus leads a very talented but totally solitary, quiet, sad life. That character in so many books and movies it’s almost comical, really. And that character lives in me. 😬😣
It’s the opposite of feeling welcome in the world. It’s the outcast. The one who doesn’t belong or fit in. And I woke up out of a dream and sat up and realized “OHHHHH, I get it. I see what’s happening here.”
“Nobody gets it” felt like my limitation, but it was actually something I was HANGING ONTO FOR DEAR LIFE. Because we don’t hang onto unhelpful or sad identities unless we are getting an important need met through them, and I realized in that moment that what that loner identity had given me was:
1) the feeling that I ‘belonged’ to a group of other outcasted feeling people.
2) the feeling that I was unique and special (because if everybody gets you you’re just a sheep or something right?)
3) this ‘I don’t fit in like other people’ was its own kind of superiority (😣 cringey but true!) It’s a game of better or worse comparisonitis that the mind likes to play.
and lastly but probably MOST importantly:
4) when I was a loner as a little girl and as an adult, that is the time when I would get to connect with **MYSELF**, and I really really needed to connect with myself! But I couldn’t give myself the space to do that then. When people didn’t ‘get me’ or shut me down somehow I at least got to come back to connecting with me, and how I felt, and what I thought instead of taking care of how THEY felt and what THEY thought like I did the rest of my life. I didn’t know how to keep my connection with MYSELF when I was with other people yet, because it was my job was to make other people happy with me, not make myself happy with me…
and when I was alone all that pressure was off. 🤯
The reason I am sharing this with you is because we have these huge benefits from these identities that we THINK we don’t want or want to get rid of, these identities that we know are in the way of our dreams, but we can’t shake them, because part of us does NOT WANT TO SHAKE THEM!
Part of us needs that like air.
But there’s a simple solution!
Once I saw this, I knew that all I had to do was find a NEW WAY to meet those SAME NEEDS, so that I don’t have to get those needs met through this loner archetype anymore.
I told that part of myself:
- “You still get to have all the alone time and introversion time to connect with yourself that you need. that is non-negotiable and I will make sure that I build it in and protect it like our life depends on it (cause it does).”
- “Look, you are unique and special always, like the flowers! A flower doesn’t need to be off on its own, overlooked or under appreciated to be utterly unique and special, it just IS. Every one of the are! Some observers will notice it, some won’t, but that doesn’t take away or give specialness to the flower, or uniqueness! It is one of a kind beautiful, no matter what, and no matter if someone fully see’s that or does not. So that’s not going away, even when you feel like you fully belong in this field of other flowers and are surrounded in people who “get it” and “get you”
- “I know you love bettering of things, it’s part of your nature and we fought it for a long time, but we don’t need to get rid of that we just need to channel it where it feels GOOD and peaceful to you instead of draining or toxic. So how about if you just get that ‘better’ feeling from knowing and consciously creating that things just get better and better for YOU (and stay out of other peoples business and comparison games – can we do that dear mind?)” (mind agreed). 😂
- You will ALWAYS belong with ME (and life/god/love/universe/source). I love you and I’m with you and you always have a home here, and as you feel THIS belonging, this belonging with your own self and who you are NOW, it will mirror out in your reality more and more. You know this, sweet pea. That’s how this works. 😉 “ (again, mind tentatively agreed 😂)
And guess what happened after I worked this all out with me? And DECIDED that I belong, and am as welcome in the world as the flowers??
Yep… a river of new likes, loves, engagement, kind words, and sales of my work. Just like that. Because when I shift, my world shifts. Every time.
When it’s not shifting it’s because there’s something I haven’t quite seen yet, some resistance I haven’t been ready to let go of yet, and I honor that timing and give myself compassion and love at every step (even when I don’t fully feel it), because more bullying and pushing myself around to earn or prove my worth is NOT what I need more of in this world, and it’s not what you need more of either. ❤️ 💗 💕
And if you want some help with that, I’ve got a quick overview of my library of work below, read on and see what feels like a “YES, that!” to your heart and soul, and dive on in anytime! 🤗💕
But if you’d like to work with me, I thought I would go over my current list of ways to do so, and a quick summary of what and who that particular work is best for:
- Moth & Moon Guided Oracle Journey: When you know you are a powerful creator, but part of you isn’t 100% on board with that yet, but you are ready to powerfully inhabit your ability to choose and create your life your way. 127 Beautiful daily reminders of your power to create, and to inhabit more unconditional love for yourself. A 2 minute read to your inbox every morning to start your day. Now just $88 or 4 payments of $22
- Peaceful Prosperity: My most powerful work to date on how to get on your own side and get all parts of you in cohesive flow with your vision so it can come to life. Be ready to do some deep journaling, because that is where the absolute GOLD is gonna come from! For people who are tired of dodging and avoiding outcomes and ready to go all-in on the life that they truly and deeply love. Now offered as an 11 week course with plenty of time to marinate on the theme and prompts for each week. This one is gonna set you seriously free. $1127 or payment plan of $197 per month for 6 months.
- Deep Rest To Manifest: When you are honestly TIRED. Burnt out. Overwhelmed. And don’t even know what you want anymore. This one is a BREATH. A pause for your soul, and some spaciousness to rediscover yourself in a very easy, nourishing, low-key way. $198
- Make More, Doing Less, Being YOU: When you need a moment to get super clear (or get re-clear) on who you are and what you want. This is AIM setting, using the TRUTH about what’s important to you. I will help you discover it. $298
- Yummy Money Honey: Get ready to get super woo. lol 😂 This is a somatic journey, a meditative exploration, it’s very short and sweet and deals mainly with your ENERGY. Not your MIND. So for people who need strategies and a lot of mind stuff, this is not for you. This is for a literally kind of yummy, easy, body-energetics experience. It requires a lot of self trust and is for those who are pretty in touch with their intuition already. It requires you to believe that things can be easy/easier. If you don’t have any belief in that, this offering will piss you off. 😆 If the name is triggering to you instead of exciting, you’re probably not ready just yet. $298
- Fulfillment First: Private Podcast and 30 Day Finding Your Fulfillment Experiment! This is the easiest super low cost way to dip your toes into my work, tons of gorgeous content in their and prompts to get you moving in your most fulfilling life and business. You can pick and choose what you want to listen to or move through it all, your call. $33 a month, cancel anytime. I’m a bit more intimate and less ‘careful’ what I say in there (lol) so be prepared! 😆
- Untangling The Upset: a quick and soothing salve when you feel stuck, frustrated, or upset. This is a short audio download with a PDF. A quick journaling process, with a live example that I use on myself. Also a super low cost way to dip in your toes. $18 download.
- Releasing Attachment to Failure & Success: Shadow work time! Listen to me do ‘The Work’ of Byron Katie and get mega-real with some really awful judgments. In the end I set myself free by seeing the opposite of those beliefs, thus neutralizing their power over me and setting me free to do my work without avoidance. This is for deep divers! Audio download $22
- Feast or Famine No More: this course is retired as a live course and is now fully self-study. In fact I am going to be retiring it all together very soon as I no longer resonate with this material as the way I want to work moving forward. HOWEVER… this course could be for you if you are still very unsure that you are the creator of your reality, and you are into more mental therapy-style inner work. And if you still struggle with perfectionism and people-pleasing a lot. If you are still living mainly in your head a lot more than you’d like to admit, and you’re pretty skeptical about reality creation, this is a great place to start. You will see me at my baby days in all this! 😂 🥰 It is nearly 6 years old now and a lot has changed for me, but this course changed peoples lives, including mine! It is great for self-stabilization (and thus income stabilization) $1997 (pay over time using Affirm or Klarna at checkout)
For full details on any of those go to https://sunnichapman.com/work-with-me